I was looking to make a lighter version of chorizo with a strong garlic flavor. The original recipe calls for ground pork and not having in I used turkey and made a few additional changes and the result was very good. The Ancho chile will not add alot of heat. It adds a nice rich flavor. The heat can be adjusted to your liking by increasing the red pepper flakes.
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 29.58 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.69-4.92 ml dried Mexican oregano
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 4.92-9.85 ml red pepper flakes (Or more depending how hot you want the sausage.)
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl, throughly mix the turkey with the spices; mix in the vinegar.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning form the mixture into patties and pan fry in a small amount of oil, crumble into your favorite dish or freeze for later use.