Recipe by JillAZ
Original recipe came from the CIA's Breakfast and Brunches and called for ground pork. I have substituted ground turkey.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons ground dried chile (such as chipotles)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, sauteed and cooled
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Briefly saute the garlic in olive oil until tender but not brown.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, place turkey and remaining ingredients except for the vinegar.
- Mix,on low, until evenly blended, about 1 minute.
- Mix for an additional minute, adding the vinegar gradually.
- Mix on medium for 15-20 seconds or until the mixture is sticky to the touch.
- To check seasonings:.
- Make a small patty with about 2 T. of the mixture. Saute over low heat until cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Shape into patties of desired size and cook immediately.
- May be made ahead and stored in fridge, tightly covered for up to 3 days.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Good with eggs and salsa for breakfast, on a breakfast pizza or crumbled into a quesadilla.