Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from Rocco DiSpirito's cookbook "Rocco's Five Minute Flavor". The recipes in this book are different and sort of unusual for me, that is what attracted me to his book. He does use store bought ingredients, which I typically don't use, but like I said they look fun and different. My kids loved this first dish I made from his book.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup drained cocktail onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marinated mushrooms, drained and sliced in half
- Preheat grill pan until very hot.
- Meanwhile season the turkey with salt and pepper and form into 4 oval shaped patties about 2/3 inch thick. Season patties again with salt and pepper if necessary. Coat each patty with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Grill the turkey patties for 2 ½ minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the Alfredo sauce in a large skillet over medium heat. When the sauce begins to simmer, add the onions, peas and mushrooms. Continue to simmer until all the vegetables are hot.
- To serve, arrange the turkey patties on plates and spoon the sauce and vegetables over top.