Recipe by MsKittyKat
This is from the February 2006 Bon Apetit magazine. I'm posting it here for safe keeping. I added some toasted pecans when I made this - just because I had them.
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked honey roasted turkey breast (about 10 ounces, from the deli)
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- romaine lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop avocado flesh into a mini food processor. Add lime juice, chili-garlic sauce and olive oil and process until smooth. Season dressing generouosly with salt and pepper.
- Mix turkey, jicama, red onion, bell pepper, and 1/2 cup cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add avocado dressing, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce leaves among plates. Spoon salad into center and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.