Recipe by Bibliophage91
Boneless turkey breasts speed up this dish, which is traditionally long-simmered with chicken on the bone. Chipotles, cinnamon and cilantro turn it into something new (and very hard to say five times fast).
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts (cut into 1-inch filets)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups portabella mushroom caps, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle turkey filets with cinnamon and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute green onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat until soft and golden in colour, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, stock, peppers and turkey, ensuring turkey is submerged in sauce. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until turkey is fully cooked. Stir in cilantro just prior to serving.
- Serve turkey with sauce over whole-wheat pasta or brown rice.