Recipe by Aroostook
A great snack for busy people. This recipe uses white corn chips for the taco base! Take it to a party the pop it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- guacamole, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Stir in turkey, cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, garlic, oregano, chili powder and cumin and saute until onions are soften.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beans and tomato sauce, simmer until heated through.
- Place tortillas on large baking sheet, spoon turkey chili over top.
- Sprinkle with peppers and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F.
- about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.