Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine and loved it- my family loves all things "chili"!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can chopped green chili (drained)
- 1 can white beans (drained)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in skillet- stir in carrots, celery, onion and cook stirring frequently, until onion is transluscent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add turkey, garlic, salt and cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink, 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees- Add tomato, chiles, chili powder, cumin and 1/3 c water to turkey mix.
- Reduce heat to med-low, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in beans and cook 5 minutes more Pour into 9 1/2" pie plate, place on baking sheet, roll out pie crust into 13" circle and place on top of pie plate, roll edges under and crimp.
- Slit the center and bake until crust is golden- about 30 minutes.
- Place chees slice in center of crust and bake until bubbling- 5 minutes.