Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The chili in this dish adds great flavor and the amount put in does not overwhelm you! Very tasty and worth a try!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 7 ounces uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley
- Saute turkey, drain and save juices.
- Return to pan and add chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and simmer for 10 minutes, stir often until broth is almost absorbed. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Except 2 tablespoons of cheese and parsley.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer to casserole dish if desired and sprinkle cheese and parsley on top.
This was SOOO good! I'm excited to be the first to rate this awesome savory recipe! The only change I made was that I added a hint of dry minced onion in with the meat and omitted the oil. During the first simmer, I covered, during the second simmer, I covered for the first 7 minutes and left it uncovered for the final 3. It was PERFECT! My husband was VERY impressed and my 2 year old GOBBLED this up! Excellent flavor, great texture, and a GREAT comfort food!! I will be sure to post pictures once I get it uploaded so folks get an idea of what they'll be making when they make this recipe! :)