Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A co-worker of mine use to bring this to lunch and it smelled so good. I finally asked her for the recipe and I have been making it ever since. It is healthy and addictive to boot!
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 lb fresh ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Place ground turkey in a large pot and cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add onions, green peppers, and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kidney beans and macaroni.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni and beans are mixed through and warm.
Was OK. Seemed kinda bland so I jazzed it up with Adoba seasoning and Accent instead of salt. Left out the beans and added cheese. Only then, it was a hit!
Really good, but could be better! I added more spice but it was still a little bland for me. I'd recommend using more veggies to add more texture.
I saw this recipe and though I wanted to make it as stated, I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. I did have other items so here are the changes I made. Subed the Condensed Tomato Soup & Water for 24 oz of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. I also used Red Pepper instead of Green Pepper, I lowered the Chili Powder to 1/2 tsp and added 1/2 tsp of Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper and last I hate Kidney Beans so I used Black Beans instead. I also thought the black beans would enhance the smokey flavors from the chipotle, cumin & roasted red peppers. We really enjoyed this.