Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great, filling recipe and I have been making it for years. It has a little kick to it, but add some cayenne pepper or jalapeños to the chili to turn the heat up!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package kidney beans (cooked and drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (1 rib)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Brown turkey, drain fat, and crumble.
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot and simmer over low heat.
- Cook for 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- You can top it with chopped onion and low-fat cheese.
- NOTE: I usually only add 3/4 of the beans, but you can add as many as you like.
- I make mine in the crock pot, cooking it on low for 8-10 hours.
- Because this makes a large batch, I divide mine between two crock pots.
OMG, this chili was AWESOME! Best I've ever had! I did leave out the tomatoes (not big fans), and the chili was INCREDIBLY spicey! Next time I will not put in 3 tbsp of chili powder, I like the spice, but kiddos couldn't eat it. Also, for anyone doing WW, w/out the tomatoes, I got about 7 (1C) servings at about 5 points ea. Def a winner in my book! Thanks for sharing!
love it ..instead of celery added green pepper=)ty
I forgot, I add a teaspoon of garlic powder/2 lbs turkey and fresh garlic chopped to the veggies