Recipe by Smilyn
When I cook the turkey I add other seasonings like cumin, season salt, and chili powder; all to taste. My husband and I love this recipe and love to make corn bread with it. It is the best when served the next day. It also freezes well!
Top Review by jgates84
This chili recipe was really flavorful. I was a little nervous about trying it because it's so different from what I normally do, but it really was delicious and satisfying. I made it last night and found myself wishing I had bought more beans so I could make another batch tonight.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked red kidney beans (about 2- 15oz cans)
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and saute until done (about 5 minutes).
- Add onion and carrot to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add beans, tomatoes with liquid, molasses, pepper, and chili powder to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 30 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.