Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy, weeknight dinner that doubles as leftovers the next day!t
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 anaheim chili, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 ears white corn
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix (or ideally, Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit)
- 16 ounces beer (such as Newcastle Brown Ale)
- 1. In a Dutch Oven, on medium high heat, add the olive oil to evenly coat the bottom. Add the onions, garlic, peppers, and ground turkey, and stir frequently until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, beer, and chili seasoning kit, and stir well, bringing the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, and let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, slice the kernels of corn off the 2 ears and set aside, and drain the can of kidney beans. After chili has simmered for the 15 minutes, add the corn and beans, and cover the pot. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes longer (45 minutes longer is ideal).