Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I threw this recipe together by choosing the ingredients I liked from a series of other recipes. I have tried many different beers over the years & found that Samuel Adams Boston Ale (red label) gives the best result, though any of the stronger flavored beers usually work well too.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces tomatoes in puree
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup beer (Samuel Adams Boston Ale works best)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 ounce chili seasoning mix (1 envelope, such as Old El Paso)
- Saute onions & garlic in canola oil over medium-low heat until slightly tender.
- Add the ground turkey & cook fully.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir to combine & simmer an hour or more, stirring occasionally.