Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yet another variation on a popular dish. You can make this with turkey thighs but to save time, you may use ground turkey instead. It is not as spicy as some recipes for chili are, so feel free to use more spice if that's how you like it. From the Toronto Sun.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tomato paste
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 38 ounces mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the turkey, onion and carrots and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes with juice, beans, broth, chili powder, oregano and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.