Recipe by coffy_bean
This is my mom's chili recipe with a twist. I'm not a big meat-eater so I use ground turkey, but you can certainly use ground beef if you like. I like making it in the Crockpot and letting it stew all day (just don't add the meat until 30 minutes before serving or else I think it get too tough), or on the stovetop is fine too. Also my family is really into spice so I tend to use at least one habanero pepper but any chili pepper can be used or omitted altogether. The leftovers are wonderful!! Enjoy!!
Top Review by EntirelyEmily
I absolutely love Turkey Chili! This recipe was perfect for me, as it had a lot of spice and beans. It was easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for quite a bit. I plan on making this again for tailgates next football season. Thanks : )
- 1 lb ground turkey breast, browned and reserved
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 -2 hot chili pepper, minced as fine as possible
- 32 ounces tomato puree
- 12 ounces spicy kidney beans
- 12 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place canned ingredients into Crockpot.
- Saute onions and peppers until soft and add to crockpot.
- Add all spices into crockpot.
- Set cooking time according to when you would like to serve.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, brown turkey and add to chili.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, oyster crackers, or tortilla chips. Enjoy!