Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Here’s a recipe that I threw together, literally, in the crockpot. Feel free to adapt this chili to your liking and make it up as you go along, like I did. Here's the full post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/entrees/turkey-chili/
- 1⁄2 lb turkey (any desired amount of white or dark meat)
- 4 -6 roasted poblano peppers
- 2 quarts chicken stock (vegetable stock will work too)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large crock pot, combine turkey, poblanos, stock, onions and carrots.
- Allow to cook several hours or overnight.
- Add cumin, oregano and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to make a slurry.
- Stir into crockpot and cook for another 1 hour or until thick.
- Garnish with cilantro.