Chili recipe for the slow cooker swap... tweeked the directions and ingredient list. This was the first recipe I had posted in a contest! Thanks for your comments.
- 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- green onion
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in skillet, drain on paper towel, allow to cool and break in pieces. Crumble and brown turkey in the skillet and stir to break apart. Place cooked turkey and bacon in slow cooker. Season with taco seasoning mix, oregano, garlic powder and salt,and pepper. Mix until meat is evenly coated. Pour in beef broth, Rotel salsa, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste. Add onion, green pepper, bay leaf, celery, salt, and pepper. Mix well. You may need to adjust for the thickness by adding water.
- Simmer on low, stirring occasionally. Cook for approximately 6 to 7 hours.
- Garnish with green onions, sour cream and/or cheddar cheese.