Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from my mom. If you're looking for a good quick comfort food on a cold dreary day this is the chili you want. Oh yeah, it's spicier than ketchup.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- - Brown ground turkey.
- - Chop onion and bell pepper.
- - Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion & bell pepper to browning ground turkey.
- - In a large pot on medium heat, combine drained kidney beans, diced tomatoes w/green chilies, brown sugar, tomato paste and sauce.
- - Add ground turkey mixed to the large pot of ingredients and heat for another 5 - 10 minutes.