Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Passed on to me by Mrs. Burke Source: BH&G, Jan. 1989
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 31 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook the turkey till no longer pink. Drain off.
- fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, drained kidney beans, tomato sauce,.
- onion, wine, chili powder, parsley flakes, basil, oregano, black pepper,.
- cinnamon, garlic, red pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 2 hours; stir.
- Garnish with green or yellow pepper rings.