Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
altered from sparkpeople.com
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned kidney beans
- Brown meat in a large skillet.
- Add water; simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Heat in second skillet, garlic and onion and cook over low heat until onion is softened.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic-onion-flour mixture to the cooked meat.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture.
- Simmer 1/2 hour.