Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Semi-vegetarian chili, made with turkey meat, and fresh vegetables...
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopeed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thinly
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1⁄2 eggplant, salted and chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can pink beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Brown turkey in 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove turkey from pot. Use a medium flame.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of pan. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add peppers, carrots, jalapenos, and zucchini. Cook down for a few minutes.
- Add eggplant and mushroom, cook for a few more minutes.
- Add beans, corn, and tomato.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add chipotle pepper and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Sweeten with honey and sugar. Add raisins.
- Remove 1/2 cup of broth from pot and add the cornstarch to it. Stir until mixed.
- Add back into the pot to thicken.