Semi-vegetarian chili, made with turkey meat, and fresh vegetables...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopeed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thinly
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1/2 eggplant, salted and chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can pink beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1Brown turkey in 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove turkey from pot. Use a medium flame.
- 2Add 2 tbsp olive oil to bottom of pan. Saute onions until translucent.
- 3Add peppers, carrots, jalapenos, and zucchini. Cook down for a few minutes.
- 4Add eggplant and mushroom, cook for a few more minutes.
- 5Add beans, corn, and tomato.
- 6Add chicken broth.
- 7Add chipotle pepper and stir.
- 8Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- 9Sweeten with honey and sugar. Add raisins.
- 10Remove 1/2 cup of broth from pot and add the cornstarch to it. Stir until mixed.
- 11Add back into the pot to thicken.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 1381.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 33.9 g