1/1 Photo of Turkey-Chile Casserole
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is an old favorite of ours. I use it for ladies' luncheons, and family meals or family gatherings. Very useful and versatile. It is good made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey or with poached or deli chicken meat. I usually like to add a larger can of diced green chilies (7 ounces). I do not butter my tortillas in order to lower the fat content and the resuts are just as satisfactory. However that step was part of the original recipe so I have left it in, listing it as optional. The recipe came from BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine turkey (or chicken) meat, chilies, onion, and soup.
- 2If desired, spread tortillas with butter. Cut each tortilla in half and arrange 6 halves over bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Spread a third of the turkey mixture over tortillas, top with a third of the cheese. Reapeat layers of tortillas, turkey, and cheese two more times. Carefully pour the chicken broth over all.
- 4Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated throughout and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Cut in squares with sharp knife and use a spatula to remove each serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey-Chile Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 605.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 25.2 g