Recipe by Plainbil
Evelyn Wilkinson won first price back in 1984 for this recipe as a healthy low cholesterol diet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 dried red chili pepper, seeded and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 cup chicken broth, approximately
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet heat oil, add turkey and onion and sauté.
- Add red pepper, cumin,oregano, salt, chile powder, chile pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste, rum and chicken broth.Simmer for 45 minutes, adding additional chicken broth, if necessary. Add chocolate and stir until dissolved; simmer 5 minutes.
- It can be served topped with chopped onion and serve over cooked pink or black beans.