Recipe by ilovechocolate
I found this recipe on bonappetit.com. I'm posting here because I want the nutritional information. The recipe says that you may use cooked chicken if you like.
Top Review by flygirl #5
I used chicken instead of the turkey but pretty much kept the rest the same. Very very good nachos! Very rich, can't have them to often, but it would be a great dish to serve guests who have come over on "game day" It also doesn't take any time at all to make, not even close to the 45 minutes!!! Thanks for posting, made for PAC 2010.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions, divided
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 cups salsa, purchased, medium-hot with chipotles and garlic (from about two 16-ounce jars)
- 4 cups tortilla chips, unsalted
- 2 cups queso fresco or 2 cups Cotija cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mexican crema or sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet.
- Add 1 1/4 cups onion; sauté until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and chiles; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in salsa; simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place skillet in oven; bake just until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup onion and cilantro; drizzle with crema and serve.