Recipe by Judikins
Here's a great way to serve that holiday leftover turkey. Recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish. It's another one of those great "comfort foods." We love it and hope you do too. Let me know what you think.
Top Review by Esther in Atlanta, GA
I made a few changes due to personal preference --- added a little garlic, parsley and some capers. used non fat milk and blended with low fat cream cheese to thicken it up. Didn't have sherry, so used white wine. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing this!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 7 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces,cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and cream.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add sherry.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms.
- Pour into a square baking dish, 8x8x2".
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly in center.
- If desired, brown top by placing briefly under broiler.
- Garnish with parsley and green olives, if desired.