1/5 Photos of Turkey/Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This is my daughters favorite recipe for leftover turkey. I love it too! Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. It seems time consuming but it does go together quickly once you have everything ready. I got it out of an old cookbook magazine called Fresh Turkey Ideas. We really look forward to Thanksgiving just to have this as our traditional left over. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
New Mexico Green Sauce
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely chopped or 1/2 cup poblano chile
- 1 large onions, finely chopped or 1 cup onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Prepare New Mexico Green Sauce; Set oven control to broil. Arrange poblano chilies on broiler rack with tops about 5 inches from heat. Broil 12 to 17 minutes, turning occasionally, until skin is blistered and evenly browned (not burned). Remove chilies to plastic bag; close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel, seed and finely chop chilies.
- 2Cook onion, poblano and jalapeno chilies and garlic in 2 tbls oil over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in whipping cream and salt. Set aside.
- 3Heat 1/2 cup oil in 10-inch skillet until hot. Cook tortilla strips in hot oil 30 to 60 seconds or until light golden brown; drain.
- 4Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2-quart casserole.
- 5Layer half of the tortilla strips in bottom of casserole. Top with turkey, half of the New Mexico Green Sauce (about 2/3 cups) and 1 cup of the cheese.
- 6Press layers gently down into casserole.
- 7Repeat with remaining tortilla strips, sauce and cheese.
- 8Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey/Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.2
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 819.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 29.1 g