Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I received from my Healthy Foods daily email subscription. It's not your typical Chef Salad but it has so many great ingredients you don't even miss the fat. Other than the Dressing I didn't stay true to the measurements, I just used what I thought was appropriate for my tastes and it came out great. I don't think you can really go wrong. The fresh basil gives it great flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into pieces
- 3⁄4 lb sliced turkey breast
- 7 ounces prepared roasted peppers
- 4 ounces kalamata olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium avocado, cut in cubes
- 4 ounces goat cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Rinse and dry salad greens. Divide the greens and rest of the ingredients equally on four plates. Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and drizzle on top of salad.
Simply amazing! The goat cheese accents the other flavors beautifully. I'll admit, I took a shortcut and used store-bought Italian dressing.