Recipe by Karen From Colorado
These are so easy to make for a quick hot lunch and taste so much better then the pockets you can buy in the store. You can also use jarred pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese to make pizza pockets as well.
Top Review by Connie2499
I took the concept and made them for breakfast. I was tired of buying the expensive ones with only 4 in a box. They turned out great. Next I will try freezing them. I can't wait to taste the pizza pockets. The kids will love making those! Thank you, Karen!
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup turkey, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (205 celsius).
- Mix cream cheese, mayo, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Add turkey and cheese; mix well and set aside.
- Press or roll out each biscuit to a 3 1/2 inch round.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each biscuit round.
- Fold dough over the filling to make a small turnover shape; seal edges by pressing firmly together.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
- To make ham pockets, replace turkey with chopped ham and mozzarella with shredded cheddar cheese.
- These can be made in advance and frozen for a quick after school snack. Microwave them wrapped in paper towels until hot (1 to 2 minutes).