Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Try to use both white and dark meat for this, just using white meat will create a very dry turkey burger. Plan ahead the turkey burgers have to marinade overnight before cooking or grilling them. Serving and cooking times are only estimated depending on the size of you burgers.
Top Review by JOY1998
Kitten, These are so good! I first searched your Kittencal's Kitchen blog/website, but didn''t see these posted. These are fantastic. I highly recommend them I made 4 times the recipe! I am going to freeze them for quick easy burgers later on. I served them with lettuce, tomato and bacon on rolls I made from your Kittencal's french bread recipe (my favorite bread recipe!). THANK YOU AGAIN.
- 3 onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 44.37-73.94 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g ground turkey (use white and dark)
- 59.14 ml favorite barbecue sauce
- 44.37 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese or 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, packed
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 44.37 ml milk (or use half and half cream)
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper (add in more if desired)
- 78.07 ml dried breadcrumbs (you will most likey need more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the onions with cayenne, oregano and basil for about 4-5 minutes, then add in the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl to a small bowl or plate to cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix together the turkey, BBQ sauce, oats, shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk, seasoning salt, pepper, then add in the cooled onion/garlic mixture.
- Add in about 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs.
- Using clean hands mix completely adding in more dry breadcrumbs if the mixture is too moist, add enough to just shape into patties.
- Shape into about 9 or 10 patties.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- When ready to cook fry, broil or grill the turkey burgers, cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until done and golden brown. *NOTE* cooking time will depend on the size of your patties, cook until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 and the meat is no longer pink.