1/4 Photos of Turkey Cheese Burgers
24 hrs 12 mins
Try to use both white and dark meat for this, just using white meat will create a very dry turkey burger. Plan ahead the turkey burgers have to marinade overnight before cooking or grilling them. Serving and cooking times are only estimated depending on the size of you burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (use white and dark)
- 1/4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, packed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk (or use half and half cream)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (add in more if desired)
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs (you will most likey need more)
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onions with cayenne, oregano and basil for about 4-5 minutes, then add in the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl to a small bowl or plate to cool completely.
- 2In a large bowl mix together the turkey, BBQ sauce, oats, shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk, seasoning salt, pepper, then add in the cooled onion/garlic mixture.
- 3Add in about 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs.
- 4Using clean hands mix completely adding in more dry breadcrumbs if the mixture is too moist, add enough to just shape into patties.
- 5Shape into about 9 or 10 patties.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- 7When ready to cook fry, broil or grill the turkey burgers, cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until done and golden brown. *NOTE* cooking time will depend on the size of your patties, cook until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 and the meat is no longer pink.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Cheese Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 231.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: