Recipe by crazycookinmama
I got this recipe out of a Sargento Cheese recipe booklet that I got free in the mail. It's very good. The only thing I would recommend is cooking the bisucuits a little longer than called for.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, medley such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey or 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 slices cheddar and colby cheese
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss vegetables with flour in a large bowl. Add turkey, soup, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Spread half of mixture into a 13x9 inch glass baking dish. Arrange cheese over mixture; top with remaining turkey mixture. Cover with foil. Bake in a 375° oven for 15 minutes.
- Separate biscuits; cut each into quarters. Uncover casserole arrange biscuit dough evenly over top of casserole. Return to oven and bake 18 minutes more or until biscuits re deep golden-brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.