Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband made these and the kids and I liked them a lot. Very easy.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup smoked cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (each slice should be 1 oz. each)
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey, shredded cheese, onion, garlic, worchestershire sauce, sald, and pepper; mix together until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inches thick.
- Grill patties covered over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, turn once during gill time.
- Top bugers with cheese slice; grill approximately 1 minute to melt cheese. Serve burgers on toasted or grilled buns with whatever add-ons you like.
These were yummy burgers! One of the best turkey burgers I've made. I didn't add the extra slice of cheddar on top but it didn't really need it. They were very moist and flavorful. Thanks for the recipe!
Hit the spot! Omitted chopped onion and sliced it on the finished burger. Also added breadcrumbs when combining turkey into patties. Very Very Good.
I made these last night for PAC 2006. They are very good, but mine were a little wet. I don't know if that is because I was using thawed (in the microwave) turkey or if the recipe needs breadcrumbs or oatmeal added to it. I omitted the cheese on top thinking it would be too much, but in hindsight it would not have been. Very yummy even without the extra cheese. I loved how easy this was to put together! Thanks for sharing.