Recipe by AZFoodie
This is a simple, healthy, delicious way to start your day! It's a lot like the Dunkin Donuts Turkey & Cheddar Flatbread, but this recipe uses whole wheat flatbread, low-fat cheese, and turkey bacon to keep the calories & fat to a minimum. And I think it's just as good as the 400 calorie version that you get from DD!
- 1 pita bread (whole wheat, or other similar flatbread)
- 2 -3 slices turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon low-fat ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook the bacon, but don't let it get too crispy.
- 2. Spread the ranch dressing evenly across the pita/flatbread.
- 3. On one half of the flatbread, place the 2-3 slices of turkey, then the 2 slices of bacon, then 2 slices of cheese.
- 4. Fold the flatbread over in half, and place it in either a panini grill (or similar countertop grill) or in a heated frying pan. If using a frying pan, you will need to place a cast iron skillet or similar heavy object on top to keep pressure on it, and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. With the panini grill, you will need to cook the sandwich for about 3-5 minutes depending on your grill.
- 5. Enjoy! =).