Recipe by Julie F
I have had this recipe for years. It is one of our favorites - healthy and so easy, as well as delicious!
- 3⁄4 lb turkey sausage, in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, bacon, celery, onion and garlic in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake in 500 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 450. Stir in beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove and discard bay leaf.