Recipe by Jojo422rn
This originated many years ago as a Turkey Tetrazinni recipe, for a family that didn't like mushrooms or sherry! Eventually, added garlic & a creamier sauce.
Top Review by Amanda Beth
This was very good. It was a little bland for me, but I knew as I made it that it would be. I should have followed my instincts and added a bit more pepper. I also subbed about half a can of evaporated milk as part of the milk. Not a great idea, just in case anyone wonders how that turned out. It made the mixture too thick for my taste. This was a great way to use up turkey leftovers, and I will definitely make it again! Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from a jar is great!)
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, 1-2in . pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Start the water for the spaghetti & cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile,melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute onions for 4 mins, then add the garlic for 3 minutes (Watch heat, garlic burns easily!).
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture & stir, then slowly add milk while stirring. Continue to stir until creamy & just thickening.
- Add turkey & stir -- then cover while you drain spaghetti.
- Place 1/2 spaghetti in bottom of a greased 3 qt casserole.
- Ladle 1/2 turkey sauce over noodles.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Layer the rest of the spaghetti, the turkey sauce & the parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle paprika over top & cover w/lid.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 mins out of the oven -- then ENJOY!