Recipe by Jo Ann L
Not exactly authentic Asian cuisine, but it's good, and easy to make. Obviously, it can just as easily be Chicken Cantonese if that's what you have. I like it best with white meat only.
Top Review by Churby
I love this recipe! I had left over turkey and carrots and was looking for a recipe and found this one. I added one more tablespoon of soy sauce, but other than that, cooked it exactly as written. DELICIOUS. The pineapple makes it slightly sweet and nice. I served it over brown rice mixed with a teriyaki sauce (teriyaki rice). It's like having take out chinese, but better because I made it!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups drained pineapple chunks
- 1 -2 cup cooked diced turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and saute the celery and carrots.
- Combine the next next 6 ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stir into vegetables and simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve over rice.