Recipe by Debber
Answering the question of "What to do with all this leftover turkey?"...here's the answer!! And WHAT an answer! Be prepared for all the oohs and ahhs that will involuntarily emit from your dining companions. Truly something for which to be thankful! Prep time does NOT include bread-dough rising time. In a pinch you could use a loaf of Rhoades frozen bread dough--thawed.
- 1 lb focaccia bread dough, divided (one recipe of)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 turkey breast, bite-size chunks
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, parboiled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup (Campbells)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make bread dough.
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan.
- Spread HALF of the bread dough in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix filling ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients; pour over filling ingredients; spoon evenly over bottom crust in pan, keeping a bit of bread visible all around the edges.
- Roll remaining dough into a rectangle to fit over the meat mixture, lay dough over the meat, PRESS edges firmly toward the bottom crust (the world won't come to an end if they don't seal).
- Use a sharp knife or fork to poke holes in the TOP crust.
- Mix glaze ingredients until foamy; brush over top crust; sprinkle with your choice of herbs (we like THYME or parsley), coarse salt and pepper OR leave plain.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (top should be golden brown, there may be some cheezey bubbles along the edges).
- IMPORTANT! Cool for five minutes.
- Cut into large squares -- corners are THE BEST!