Recipe by Hey Jude
I discovered this wonderful recipe in a BH&G special Cookout magazine. This is so easy and tasty, it's perfect for dinner on a hot summer evening!
- 2 (8 ounce) turkey tenderloins, halved or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup bottled caesar salad dressing (I use Cordini's)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 thick pita bread rounds, split horizontally
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill turkey directly over medium heat in an uncovered grill for 12-15 minutes, or until turkey is tender and no longer pink, turning once; set aside half of the salad dressing; brush remaining dressing on the turkey during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Meanwhile, stir together olive oil and garlic and brush mixture over one side of pita bread.
- Place pita bread, brushed sides down, on the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until toasted.
- To assemble, place lettuce leaves on grilled side of one pita bread half.
- Top with turkey, tomatoes and avocado (if desired); drizzle with reserved salad dressing.
- Top dressing with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Add a pita bread half to top of each.