Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My light version of The Roman Burger by Mr. Hero's a local chain here in Ohio. Light on the waist but not on taste! Great for tailgaters, parties, gamers or any ole' time! Enjoy!
- 6 inches whole wheat hoagie rolls
- 2 turkey burgers (I make mine fresh)
- 2 slices turkey pastrami (I wish they make turkey salami!)
- fat-free garlic mayonnaise
- 3 vidalia onions, slices
- shredded lettuce
- fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tomatoes, slices
- 2 kraft fat-free swiss cheese slices
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray
- Split hoagie sub, spray butter on one side of sub and place on grill for toasting.
- After toasting remove.
- Spread mayo on both sides of sub.
- On bottom part of sub, layer lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Drizzle italian dressing on both sides and set hoagie aside.
- Grill burgers and add swiss slices on each burger before removal of grill and place on hoagie.
- Place pastrami on grill and grill for about 30 seconds to 1 minute-flipping on both sides to cook evenly.
- Place pastrami ontop of cheeseburgers.
- Assemble sandwich together-press together to get the flavors together!
- Cut in half and serve!