katie in the UP's Note:
This is my second turkey burger recipe by Rachael Ray I have posted. Rachael sure knows how to cook ground turkey!! I have made just a couple of changes to suit our tastes. Recipe orignially has arugula chopped on finished burger (between mushrooms) Unable to find any up here...I replace it with chopped fresh spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs ground turkey breast
- salt and pepper
- 6 cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb fresh smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- sliced red onion
- sliced yellow tomatoes
- sliced plum tomato
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped crimini mushrooms, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, crushed red pepper flakes, cheese and cilantro. Score and form meat into 4 large patties, 1 inch thick. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on top the patties then fry 5 or 6 minutes on each side in a hot skillet.
- 3Place portobello caps on a small baking sheet gill side up and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on them.
- 4Roast the caps 12 minutes.
- 5Remove them from the oven and season them with salt and pepper.
- 6Turn oven off. Top each cap with a burger and 1/2 cup chopped spinach and a slice of mozzarella and place back in still-warm oven. Melt the cheese 1 minute. Transfer burgers on "bun" bottoms to plates. Top with onions and tomatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Cacciatore Burgers on Portobello Buns
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 777.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 58.5 g