Recipe by jmelyn
This is from Cooking Light, with some minor modifications. Easy recipe for a busy weeknight, and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. Hope you enjoy! Edited to add: I make this probably once a week, and just wanted to note that I use A LOT more salsa than the recipe calls for--probably about a half cup or more. :)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa ((I use more!))
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup pre-shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add ground turkey breast and cook mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in the water and the next 5 ingredients (water through chiles).
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Warm flour tortillas by placing on a heated nonstick skillet for 10-15 seconds per side.
- Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with 1/2 cup turkey mixture, roll up.
- I use a quite a bit more salsa when preparing, and also added salt and pepper.
- I also serve these with salsa and sour cream.