Had these for Father's Day - delicious! The sauce adds so much - we also used it for our regular burgers! You've got to try it! Adapted from a Cooking Light recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- cooking spray
- 4 wheat hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce leaves
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread 2 tablespoons Special Sauce over top half of each bun. Place lettuce leaves on bottom halves of buns; top each with 1 patty and top half of bun. Cut each burger in half.
- To make Special Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate.