1/1 Photo of Turkey Burgers With Mozzarella and Roasted Peppers
This recipe is from the Muscle and Fitness Total Nutrition guide. I'm usually wary of recipes from these kinds of sources, but there are several excellent ones in this one. This is hands down the best turkey burger recipe I have found. The only change I will make next time is to saute the onions first. I am sensitive to them raw. Try this recipe. You'll be glad you did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, halved (from water packed jar)
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, in 4 slices
- 4 multigrain hamburger buns
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1If grilling, spray grill rack with cooking spray and fire it up.
- 2If pan-frying like me, spray pan, but wait to heat it until almost ready to cook the patties.
- 3Mix turkey, onion, vinegar, oregano, salt and black pepper in a bowl until combined; but try not to overwork the turkey, since too much handling will make it tough.
- 4Form mixture into four patties.
- 5Sear patties one minute per side, then turn down heat, or move to cooler part of grill.
- 6Cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until center isn't pink anymore.
- 7Top with roasted peppers and cheese, and keep on heat until cheese melts.
- 8Transfer to buns, add preferred condiments and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Burgers With Mozzarella and Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 739.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers