Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is from the Muscle and Fitness Total Nutrition guide. I'm usually wary of recipes from these kinds of sources, but there are several excellent ones in this one. This is hands down the best turkey burger recipe I have found. The only change I will make next time is to saute the onions first. I am sensitive to them raw. Try this recipe. You'll be glad you did.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, halved (from water packed jar)
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, in 4 slices
- 4 multigrain hamburger buns
- nonstick cooking spray
- If grilling, spray grill rack with cooking spray and fire it up.
- If pan-frying like me, spray pan, but wait to heat it until almost ready to cook the patties.
- Mix turkey, onion, vinegar, oregano, salt and black pepper in a bowl until combined; but try not to overwork the turkey, since too much handling will make it tough.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- Sear patties one minute per side, then turn down heat, or move to cooler part of grill.
- Cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until center isn't pink anymore.
- Top with roasted peppers and cheese, and keep on heat until cheese melts.
- Transfer to buns, add preferred condiments and enjoy.
Excellent. I skipped the bun and instead of fresh onion I just used some onion powder. I think the key to this recipe is the balsamic. We really enjoyed this one. Will make it again. Thanks for posting!
Great turkey burger. I've been making this recipe for years now and I always get asked for the recipe whenever I make them for guests. Few things I change, saute the onions first, add same amount of pepper as salt, and I add a bit of garlic powder. I always have fresh red peppers so I blacken them on the grill (w/olive oil and seasoning salt), then peel the peppers after blackening. Also great with a pepper jack cheese. Delish!