Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different but yummy way to prepare turkey burgers. Even my children liked it!
- 2 lbs turkey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime
- Mix together turkey burger ingredients.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add turkey burgers and cook until brown on both sides.
- For sauce: Puree mango and other ingredients in a processor or blender.
- Serve sauce over burgers.
The burgers were good - I'd rate them a 3. The sauce did not appeal to either of us. The flavor was weird - it reminded me of fish. I'd give the sauce a 1 rating.
This is a new and exciting way to serve burgers. We loved the mango sauce. A VERY nice compliment to the burgers. Thanks so much for sharing, Kana.
Interesting combination of flavors. I think next time I'll experiment by substituting some of the white pepper with black and red peppers in the mango sauce and fresh cilantro or sage in the turkey burgers.