Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A turkey burger with a lower fat cheese sauce that is sure to please. Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine.
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, torn
- 1 cup skim milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons flour (all-purpose)
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomatoes
- In a large bowl, soak bread in 1/2 cup milk for 1 minute.
- All the garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well; shape into six patties and set aside.
- IN a small saucepan, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and jalapeno; stir until cheese is melted. Keep warm.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before grilling. Grill patties, covered, voer medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and jalapeno cheese sauce.