Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Bobby Flay recipe
- 2 lbs fresh ground turkey
- 4 brie cubes, 1-inch, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 rolls
- Shape the meat firmly into 4 round uniform patties about 1 1/2inches thick. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty and place 1 cube of the cheese in each. Knead the meat slightly to cover the hole.
- Brush both sides of the burgers lightly with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Cook the burgers to your liking.
- Brush the apples on both sides with the vegetable oil. Grill (in a grill pan) until golden on both sides.
- Place a burger on the bottom of each roll, top with 1 or 2 apple slices and a dollop of ketchup.