Recipe by Panebianco
This is from Taste of Home Magazine. I forgot to pick up corn so admitted that and also red peppers were too expensive so I used a green Italian pepper. These are so tasty and and super easy. The sauce is so good that you can use it for a dip or topping for tacos, etc.
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream (I used regular sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- shreddred lettuce
- mexican cheese (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and pepper in oil until crisp tender. Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For sauce. In a small bowl, mash avacado with sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until service.
- If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill the burgers 4 in from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until thermometer reads 165°F.
- Place on buns top with about 1/4 sauce. Serve with lettuce, cheese, tomato and onion if desired.