1/6 Photos of Turkey Burgers W/ Grated Zucchini & Carrots
Liza at Food.com's Note:
Found these in Real Simple and they are yummy. Succulent, moist, a nice departure from a normal burger and a great way to sneak some veggies in on your family. Served them with garlic fries, hot out of the oven. This is my little ode to Bergy, our Queen of Burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices crusty bread
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- coarse grain mustard (optional)
- 1Heat broiler.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zuke, carrot, garlic, thyme, s&p, and egg.
- 3Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- 4Heat 1-2 T oil in a pan over medium heat.
- 5Cook the patties, turning once, until no trace of pink remains, 4-5 minutes per side.
- 6Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking sheet and brush with remaining oil.
- 7Broil until golden brown and crisp (a few minutes).
- 8Transfer the bread to individual plates.
- 9Combine mayo and lemon juice and spread about a tablespoon o each toast.
- 10Top with lettuce leaves and burgers.
- 11Can serve with mustard for an extra punch.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Burgers W/ Grated Zucchini & Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 878.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 20.6 g