Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are very popular with my Craft Night Ladies. We meet once a month at someone's house to do Crafts and eat of course. The food is always wonderful as is the company. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup papaya (diced)
- 1 cup mango (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped, divided onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (finely chopped, divided)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning, Jamaican variety
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb uncooked ground turkey breast
- To prepare salsa:
- Combine papaya, mango, ¼ cup each of red onions, green peppers, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the burgers:
- Combine the remaining ½ cup of red onions, remaining ¼ cup of green peppers, oats, ketchup, jerky seasonings and egg in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the turkey, mix thoroughly.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 1 inch thick patty; cover, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil the burgers until cooked through, flipping once, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Serve each burger with 1/3 cup of salsa on top.